We are excited to start our 2019 Summer Session. Summer session will run June 24 - July 12 with no school on July 4.
In order to enroll for summer session, ALL students will need to create an account within this system. There are 2 parts to the application. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE STUDENT THEN VERIFIES THE EMAIL ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION. Summer Session How to Apply Video
SUMMER SESSION ENROLLMENT AND FURTHER COMMUNICATION WILL BE DONE BY EMAIL TO THE STUDENT EMAIL IN THE APPLICATION. ACCURATE EMAILS ARE REQUIRED. Students will received an "Acceptance" email within one week of making application.
Additionally, CONFIRMATION OF ATTENDANCE WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO JUNE 21. If confirmation of attendance is not received, there is a possibility of the spot being given away.
Part 1 Student Eligibility: There are 2 questions to verify students are eligible to participate in summer session. A question about attending the summer school open house on April 24 is also on this page.
Part 2 Application Form: There are 5 short pages to this section.
- Page 1: Student demographic information including legal name, birth date, resident high school, gender, phone number, race and ethnicity
- Page 2: Family contact information including name, phone number, email address and relationship to the student. Two guardian's information can be entered on this page.
- Page 3: This is a place for an additional emergency contact. Please do not repeat guardian information here.
- Page 4: Course selection for first choice and second choice options. Please note, specific programs will be available for enrollment on different dates allowing us to highlight our different offerings. If the program you would like is not available, please check back.
- Page 5: Short student responses for participating in NCTA summer program.
Courses that are open now for enrollment:
- Advanced Culinary: This our second year with this very successful partnership between NCTA and the Swinomish Lodge and Casino. This program is open to students at least 16 years old on June 24 and has a desire to look in-depth look at the hospitality and culinary program. Take a look at this short video capturing highlights from last summer. Many of our students we employed for the rest of the summer! The first two days will be at the Mount Vernon Campus. The remainder of the time, the students will be dropped off an picked up at the Swinomish Lodge and Casino.
- Automotive (at the Sedro-Woolley HS location): This summer program is a great introduction to the service side of the automotive industry. Students will understand the use of basic automotive hand tools and test equipment and will perform safe practices in fluids, brakes and tires. If you love 'hands-on' work, have a true passion for cars, are seriously considering making a career in the automotive service and repair industry, check out the summer session program.
- Construction Skilled Trades (at the Sedro-Woolley HS location): This program will introduce students to basic tool use, building techniques, and construction skills. Students will be able to work on many different carpentry projects including the construction of a home with Skagit Habitat for Humanity.
Upcoming courses open for enrollment:
- Marine Services (at the Anacortes location)
- Welding (at the Meridian HS location)
- Fire Science (at the Meridian HS location)
- Fire Science (at the Mount Vernon location)
- Applied Medical Science (at the Mount Vernon location)
- Dental Assisting (at the Mount Vernon location)
- Video Game Development (at the Mount Vernon location)
- Criminal Justice (at the Mount Vernon location)
- Culinary Arts (at the Mount Vernon location)
- Veterinary Assisting (at the Mount Vernon location)
- High School Health (at the Mount Vernon location)-- pending instructor (likely open on April 24)
Summer Session How to Apply Video
Our Enrollment Form is ready to go! Click on the button below! This has been a huge undertaking and we're very thrilled to open up access for students.
The 2019-2020 Courses being offered can be found HERE! The application was launched on February 8. This year, we will be using an Online Only Application. Please Note-- While we appreciate the support from our parents, this enrollment form needs to use the students' information and responses. We are receiving a lot of enrollment forms with the Parent/Guardian listed as the student. We are unable to match records when the student name is not in the correct field.
Have questions? You can connected email us at email@example.com
The Mount Vernon School District does not discriminate in employment, programs, or activities on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX/Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator, Assistant Superintendent William Nutting, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Section 504/Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, Clint Carlton, Director of Special and Support Services, email@example.com, 124 E. Lawrence St., Mount Vernon, WA, (360) 428-6110.
El Distrito Escolar de Mount Vernon no discrimina en ninguno de los programas o actividades según el sexo, la raza, el credo, la religión, el color, el origen nacional, la edad, el ser veterano o la situación militar, la orientación sexual, la expresión de género, la identidad de género, discapacidad o el uso de un perro guía capacitado o animal de servicio y proporciona un acceso equitativo a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos de jóvenes designados. Se ha designado a los siguientes empleados para encargarse de las preguntas y quejas de supuesta discriminación: Bill Nutting, Superintendente Asistente y Coordinador del cumplimiento de los derechos civiles o Coordinador del Título IX, 124 E. Lawrence Street Mount Vernon, WA 98273, (360)428-6110 o Clint Carlton, Director de servicios especiales y de apoyo y Coordinador de la legislación para los Estadounidenses con discapacidades o la Sección 504, 920 S. Second Street Mount Vernon, WA 98273, (360)428-6141.