New Posting: September 12, 2017Chuckanut Valley Vet Clinic: Hiring 2 Veterinary Assistants
These positions are full time and would include helping in exam rooms, tech appointments, hospitalized patient care. We would love to hire someone from NCTA/SVC who has a little experience, though we are willing to train the right person as well. This person should have great customer service skills, work well with others and be able to multi task. They can email their resume and references to Christy at:email@example.com.New Posting: June 15, 2017
Skagit Animal Clinic, Burlington, WA
Looking for part-time/full-time veterinary receptionist with possible vet assisting duties. Call or email:
Sue Carpenter, Practice ManagerSkagit Animal Clinic
1881 S. Burlington Blvd.
Burlington, WA 98233
New Posting: May 2017
Cedardale Neuter and Vaccination Clinic
Kennel attendant/veterinary assistant needed.Primarily a cleaning job but a good amount of assisting is needed along with some reception/office work. We are looking for someone who enjoys working with people as well as animals and is a self-starter who can look around to see what needs to be done without always needing to be told. No experience necessary.Hours are T W Th 1:30 to 5:30, we can be a little flexible with these times if necessarySend resume or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.orgNew Posting: April 21, 2017
Sedro Woolley Veterinary Care
Veterinary Assistant PositionHours are between 30-40, so technically full-time but probably not a full 40 hours. I do need someone who is flexible as days of work are frequently changed (especially after first couple months of training). Usually, people
who are trying to hold down 2 jobs do not work out well. Also must be willing to work Saturday morning.Contact:
Dr. McKee, 207 Carter Street, Sedro Woolley, WA
Ph: 360.8560310New Posting: March 21, 2017Chuckanut Valley Vet ClinicChuckanut Valley Veterinary Clinic is looking for a skilled veterinary assistant for our graveyard team 2 nights a week. This individual must be able to multitask, love animals, and have some veterinary assistant experience. Should enjoy working alone, be able to follow direction, and keep our patients best interest and care in mind at all times. Primary duties will be patient care, answering phone calls, and cleaning. Please forward cover letter, resume and references.
Those interested should email their cover letter, resume and references to Jena Hayes at email@example.comPosting: January 24, 2017
TMS K-9 Connections LLC Boarding and Training Facility for Dogs
Contact Person: Stephanie Poor, Owner/Trainer
We are looking for a very reliable, responsible individual to be a Kennel Tech. Other possible duties for the right person may include dog training, as well as some travel to and from Seattle to pick up and deliver dogs. We operate seven days a week and holidays. The pay begins at $12.00 an hour.
How to Apply for this position: email resume to Stephanie Poor at firstname.lastname@example.orgNew Posting: October 10, 2016Creatures Veterinary Service is a busy 3 doctor veterinary practice located in downtown Arlington, WA.
We are looking for a part-time (10-20 hrs/week) veterinary assistant/receptionist, with the potential to become more full-time in the next 6 months-year. Start pay $14/hr. Veterinary assistant/receptionist experience required, assistant degree preferred. Must have experience as a veterinary assistant with a solid skill set. This position is in need of someone who can offer clients the level of personalized, compassionate care that they have come to expect from our clinic. Strong commitment to patient/client care with a friendly and caring nature is required. Must have reliable transportation and computer literacy. Must have the ability to work independently with critical thinking skills.Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Job: Veterinary Assistant/Kennel Attendant
New Posting: September 23, 2016
Sedro Woolley Veterinary Care, Sedro Woolley, WALooking for a full-time (almost) Veterinary Assistant to assist doctors and techs with patient care, exam room assisting, and kennel duties. Good restraint skills are needed. Hours vary but will include Saturday mornings. If interested, send a resume and letter of interest to Dr. McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Posting: September 1, 2016
JOB: Cat Care Specialist- DOE. Probation period is 90 days.
REPORTS TO: Kolleen Fox
HOURS AND SCHEDULE:One three-hour shift on Thursday or Friday. The preferred shift would be 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. on Friday but open to negotiationSaturday and Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. (set hours and are not negotiable). Includes holidays: This position is generally 19 hours a week but the hours can vary (more or less) as we are a seasonal business
SUMMARY:Cat Care Specialists at Cat Nap Inn care for our feline guests by accurately recording eating, drinking and elimination and assessing the cat’s mood and behavior. They also care for the cat’s parents by providing friendly service during check in and check out. Our specialists also do much of the back house support (laundry, dishes, cleaning litter pans, cleaning suites in-between guests, keeping the grounds beautiful which means weeding and outside landscape maintenance).We are looking for a long-term employee, not just summer or holiday help.
1. At least 18 years of age
2. High school diploma, experience working or volunteering in a vet clinic, boarding facility or animal shelter desired.
3. Ability to work alone, without supervision
4. Reliability- as an extremely small facility, we will be counting on you to be here on your scheduled days. We are not on the bus line you must have reliable transportation.
5. Punctual- We have a very tight schedule for feeding and medicating the cats. You must be on time.
6. Somewhat flexible schedule-we are a seasonal business and may need extra help during the summer and around holidays or less help during quieter times.
7. Attention to detail
8. Ability to follow direction and change gears quickly
9. Be able to safely lift 40 pounds
10. A positive, friendly, can-do attitude while being able to work as a team
11. Ability to work with the public with a customer service focus
12. Legible writing
13. Strong ability to multitask
14. Only non-smokers need apply
- Prepare food and feed cats at schedule times. Make sure all water bowls are filled.
- Monitor each cat’s health and report any concerns such as wounds, fleas, worms, blood, vomit, diarrhea to CNI owner.
- Administer medications as needed per description, record doses administered in appropriate place
- Keep suites clean and tidy, quickly clean up and scoop eliminations, clean suites in between guests. Use appropriate cleaning supplies.
- Assist with laundry, dishes, sweep and mop floors as needed
- Clean litter pans and associated items
- Check in and check out guests. Keep each cat’s items organized and in place
- Accept and record reservations
- Accept cash and check payments from customers and accurately record payments per instructions
- Keep the grounds beautiful which includes weeding and related
- Other tasks as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: This position is extremely physically demanding and you will get dirty while you are working.A significant portion of the day is spent stepping in and out of the suites which are two feet off the ground.You will also need to bend, kneel, crawl and lift. Those applying should be physically able to handle these demands and others.
APPLICATION PROCESS:No phone calls please.E-mail resume and cover letter which includes a brief description of why, in addition to being a cat lover, you believe your experience, accomplishments and personal qualities make you a qualified candidate for the position. Please also include a brief description of your most recent animal related experience if applicable to email@example.com